I have been learning the ropes about the wine and vineyard in order to sell wine at this event. It is always a bit difficult to sell something that you are not very knowledgeable about because buyers wan
I’m not sure how I avoided the freshman fifteen or even the bakery billion from working there through college, but I don’t think I’ll be able to avoid the Australian eighty...I’ve already gained weight and we are in the first month of me being here! Did you know that Australia is actually the fattest country? I could have sworn it would be America with all of our ridiculous amounts of fast food chains, but Australia has us beat. The only major fast food chains I’ve noticed here are McDonald’s, Hungry Jacks and KFC. But somehow the general population weighs more than ours. I’m just not sure how that works.
Anyway, I have enjoyed my time here in Rockhampton meeting all of the travelers that are apart of the CMCA (Camper Association). There are over 80,000 campers here which mean about 16,000+ people. Of course they all have their list of places that I just MUST go to. If I actually plan on seeing all of these places, I will be here for much longer than a year! Not that I would complain much about that. I can already tell that only a year here will not satisfy me.
I am planning on going to work for David on the vineyard come March and stay for at least three months. That way, I would be able to stay longer than I year if I chose to. One of the options to extend a visa is to work in a rural/farm area for three months. After that, they sign a paper and you are good to stay for another year! Everyone seems to think that I will fall in love and get married to an Australian before then anyways…they obviously don’t know me very well.
While we were walking down the beach we look up and saw the huge mass of black coming our way in the sky. We got under cover and stood for about 5 minutes watching a huge group of bats fly by! It was unreal...and gross.
No comments:
Post a Comment