I am enjoying the new place in Moore Park (Waterloo) and get along well with Elena, the roomie. It is such an easy bus ride to the city, so I am able to spend most of my time doing things in the heart of Sydney. Just last week Mickey and I went to ABC Radio where he was invited to record 3 songs and do a short interview that will be aired in rotation for the next few weeks or so. They approached him after his talent-search win at the Muster and he was thrilled to do it. It is such great exposure for him and was a great experience! They will be emailing me the link to that segment soon and I will make sure to post that. Here are some photos from that…
I am in the process of trying to get a business name registered only so that we can use it on things like press releases and whatnot for Mickey to make it more official. I’m not sure if it will be possible thought since I am a non-resident, but it doesn’t hurt to try! I won’t actually own the business, but will be able to use the name for paperwork while I’m here. Honestly my dream is to someday start an artist management business of my own. Here is the beginning of my idea for that one…
There is so much that I have to learn thought before I can even think about owning my own business. I’ll get there though!I have just spent the several past days on the beautiful Sunshine Coast with a friend that I met at Muster. He was nice enough to let me stay at his place a few days before my adventures to Rockhampton for work. I went out to the Maroochydor Beach for a day, met Allen’s dad who took us out on his boat one evening and then Allen and I spent a day on the Maroochy River with his jet ski. So Fun!
While we were out on the water we saw one of Steve Irwin's boats, "Croc One".

And now I’m headed to Rockhampton to do some work selling wine for the Riversands Vineyard at some sort of festival. I’ll have more information on that once this weekend is over. I’m not sure exactly what is in store for this one, but it’ll be a good adventure! (Riversands Vineyard was one of our sponsors at Muster and is how I got hooked up with them)The tilt train was not bad at all! It was actually quite nice. Very much like a flight with a movie playing and with refreshments, but also with a nice few of the countryside. I saw my first real live kangaroos! They were running along side of the train. I wish I could have gotten a picture. I also learned why they call it the ‘tilt’ train…I steel feel as if I’m moving back and forth a bit.
David (my boss) met me at the train station and we went on to his friend’s house where we are staying. We had dinner and talked a bit over a cup of tea. I cannot tell you how much I am wishing that I would have paid more attention in school now. It’s embarrassing how little I actually know about America and its history. Can anyone tell me when and why Carolina is split into North and South Carolina? Did it ever used to be one state?? It’s never too late to learn is it…
David (my boss) met me at the train station and we went on to his friend’s house where we are staying. We had dinner and talked a bit over a cup of tea. I cannot tell you how much I am wishing that I would have paid more attention in school now. It’s embarrassing how little I actually know about America and its history. Can anyone tell me when and why Carolina is split into North and South Carolina? Did it ever used to be one state?? It’s never too late to learn is it…
Tess,
ReplyDeleteI love your logo. Very clever, like the language. You look beautiful, by the way! I miss you tons.
K