September 12, 2009

The City!

Today was my second time visiting Circular Quay, but my first time really experiencing it. It was a beautiful Saturday afternoon and the city was so alive! There were people everywhere, so many trendy coffee shops and open-air restaurants and music on every corner. It is such a great atmosphere both during the day and at night. It is something I wish I could capture with words or even a photo, but I can’t do it justice.

Yas’s friend, Ella is getting married next Sunday and had “high tea” with the women of her bridal party today in the city, so I got a ride in with them. I ended up going with them to get their make-up done and they did mine too! So here is our glamour shot…
Afterwards I let them do their thing and I explored the city a bit more. I visited the famous Sydney “rocks” which it turns out are sandstone buildings…I was expecting some actually rocks. I knew I should have done a little more history research of Australia! I got there five minutes to late to go to The Rock Museum, so I’ll have to go back and learn a bit more about it. But here is a picture of me with some rocks/sandstone…

Funny story: I decided to grab some Mackas (McDonalds) and take it to a bench overlooking the harbor. While I was there I decided to take a video of a seagull just to show you how they are different looking here and make funny noises. So I’ve got a burger in one hand and the camera in the other. Little did I know, there was a seagull flying up behind me plotting to steal the food in my hand! And the seagull that I am videoing in front of me sees this and decides to join in! I pretty much got attacked by seagulls today and was afraid to finish my lunch. Here’s the video clip from that…

Once the girls got done with their high tea, we met up for a coffee in the Darling Harbor. To get there we took a ferry and it was right and sunset and could not have been more perfect! So beautiful. Ferries are probably my favorite form of public transport, which I am finally getting a bit more used to. Since I have been in Sydney I have taken the bus, taxi, train and now the ferry and monorail! That is a lot of public transport. I’ve got to be honest…I miss my Camero.
And here is a video of a guy playing a didgeridoo...

2 comments:

  1. The seagull video cracked me up for real! That is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  2. aahhh!! how can that guy play the didgeridoo?!! it was so hard when we tried to play Sarahs!! I appreciate talented didgeridoo players much more now... pretty cool, not gonna lie.

    ReplyDelete