October 11, 2009

One week left in the Beautiful Sydney

It is so hard to believe that my time here is almost up! I have one week and a list of things that I must do before I leave. I am way to good at procrastinating...I even tend to procrastinate with traveling! So this week will be a pretty busy one.


I have been getting to know Elena (my roommate) better and have become good friends, so I'll be sad to say bye! She just got done helping to produce a play at her uni and invited me out to the celebration dinner and pub crawl in Newtown. We all met up and had Thai for dinner and then went to 4 different pubs downtown. We probably would have made it to more if it wasn't for the pouring rain that lasted all day! But I had never been on a pub crawl, so it was pretty exciting!


Elena taught me how to eat with chopsticks!! I thought it was impossible.

A very rainy Newtown.


Then the next day Elena and her boyfriend, Toby decided to take me to the driving range to hit some golf balls since I have never done it before. And I suprisingly really enjoyed it! I could totally get into it someday I think. Playing is much more exciting than watching, that's for sure. Later we went to Fox Studios to see a movie (Couples Retreat). Fox Studios Australia is not to far from downtown and is where a lot of local tv shows are recorded including Australian Idol. It is also the location for filming many Fox Films like the Matrix. It is a really nice place to visit and has shopping, several movie theatres and other attractions.



AND Today I met Sara (my American friend from Charleston) at the wharf in Circular Quay so that we could catch a ferry to Manly Beach for the day. So fun! We ended up renting cruiser bikes and riding down a bike path that led to a place called the 'worm hole'. It's a tunnel that fishermen created a long time ago. We chained up our bikes and went for a little adventure climbing over rocks and through the tunnel to the most beautiful outlook of ocean. Sara and I both agree that pictures don't do this place justice. But ofcourse we try! There were so many photo taking opportunities, so here are a few of those...




4 comments:

  1. tess, you are adorable, i love all these pictures!!!! i love living vicariously through you, your trip looks so incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww looks so fun! I love biking adventures! and I can't believe they actually have a movie out on time.. I just went to see couple's retreat too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Golf is for losers.

    but I like your pretty blue sunglasses!

    ReplyDelete