September 12, 2009

More of Life in New South Whales

I’ve got to do a bit of catching up again….lets see, lets see

Last Sunday was Father’s day and we all went out Cronulla beach, my favorite! Julian is wanting to learn to surf, so Brian took his boards out there. Once the water warms up a bit, I’m gonna go out there too and learn to catch some waves. It was a gorgeous day and it is getting me so excited for the summer time! Me and Yas started talking about me staying with them and she really wants me to stay with them for as long as I can. Honestly, I am going to try and move closer to the city for my last month here…it will be hard to tell the family. But I just feel like I can do more and get more accomplished that way. Yas has let me drive her car several times and says I can take it out at night if I want, but I’m just not ready for that…

I met Mickey at his school one day this week and we went to a town right outside the city called Newtown….definitely more my style. That is where a lot of the kids from Uni live and there is a good bit of night life. It’s like the city, but more chill. Anyways, we got his ear pierced by a guy with horns…literally, he had pierced his head with horns…a bit eccentric, but whatever floats your boat!
The picture is blurry because I didn't want the camera to flash and then the needle accidentally pierce his head...

Another day this week I went to Bondi Junction which is just a bunch of shopping and then Bondi Beach, which I love! I don’t think there will be a beach here that I don’t love honestly.

So anyone who knows me knows that I have an issue with compulsively buying lip gloss when I already own a ton. Well, that is a habit that Australia has broken me of…not by choice, but because of expense. My usual lip gloss that I LOVE which is priced at $5 at home is…no lie…$20 here. And that just won’t work into my budget!

Something else I have had to get used to here is not using a clothes dryer. Have I mentioned that already? I wouldn’t be surprised if I had, because I am just shocked. No one that I have met here uses them! All the clothes are hung on the line to line dry. I miss the warm, downy smelling, fluffy clothes straight out of the dryer.
And I’m not sure if Jurassic Park was big here or not, but I cannot tell you how many times a day I hear that terrifying ring tone! I haven’t heard it much at all back in the states, but I am not kidding when I say that I hear it at least once a day here. And every time, all I can think of is that terrifying T Rex coming after me. Yikes! (okay that was a random though…I know)

Another random thing is that the movies here are released so much later than they are in America! Up comes out next week and I saw that months ago. The Ugly Truth is just out and I saw that before I came also. I miss Cinebar! (did I spell that right) I am waiting for The Time Traveler’s Wife and 500 Days of Summer to come here. Has anyone seen them yet? Are they good??

2 comments:

  1. i've seen them both and loved them!! LOVE that you have a blog, i get so excited to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment is coming late, but Time Traveler's Wife was a bit disappointing. Probably becuase I read the book. Well, love you!

    ReplyDelete