September 23, 2009

So This is Home...part 3

I have been doing SO much moving around this month...I am looking forward to mid October when I head to the Gold Coast to house sit for a few months. At least I will be able to set my roots for a bit.
I have moved to a place called Moore Park now, into a nice apartment which is about a 10 minute bus ride to the city. SO much closer than Menai. And I am living with a student from Sydney Uni and she is so great. I was just so not used to living with a family with small children...especially after living 4 years on my own with people my age.

I have been a little stir crazy here because I don't have a job and I am so used to working all the time. But I have been taking this time to relax and enjoy Sydney and what it has to offer. I have been going to some shows with Mickey and have met up with Jess and her friends several times. Jess is another friend I met up at Muster who is a Music Business student here. And now my friend Sara from Charleston has just moved to Sydney! She studied abroad here a few years back and fell in love. So now, she is here to stay.

I am headed to the Sunshine Coast in two days and will be up in Queensland for about a week. I'm visiting some of the friends I met at Muster and am also gonna go to a festival next weekend to work for Riversands Vineyards (who was a sponosor for Muster). I'm not sure of any of the details yet, but I'll keep you posted!
Today I woke up to a text message from a friend saying "look outside, have we landed in mars??" BC there was a big sandstorm where the wind blew sand from the west and so there was a hazy red fog everywhere! It was all over the news today. It left Sydney pretty early and headed up the coast towards Brisbane. So intead of waking up to floods like in Charleston, I am waking up to dust in Australia. What a change!

Sorry I have been forgetting to take pictures...Mostly because the camera I got sucks. I am so mad at myself for breaking mine right before I came. And I am kicking myself even more for getting a cheap replacement. Anyways, I promise I'll start taking more photos!

2 comments:

  1. Tess, glad things are going well and the housing situation is settling - I know that can be a little wild, was in Cali. And I can only imagine in a foreign country! I had just read about the Dust/Sandstorms - very wild, but definitely glad to hear that you're alright. Enjoy the beaches and I look forward to seeing the pictures!

    -Joey M

    ReplyDelete
  2. I heard about that sandstorm! I was so worried about you, love.

    ReplyDelete